RE: Wireless Security

From: Herman Frederick Ebeling, Jr. (hfebelingjr_at_lycos.com)
Date: 10/14/05

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:24:23 -0400

    Just as a note in case some were wondering. When I setup my Wi-Fi enabled
    router I did set it up with WEP enabled,
    changed the SSID, and limited access to the MAC of both my Wi-Fi card, and the
    Ethernet card in my laptop. When I
    changed the SSID I choose one that was both long and that used alphanumeric
    characters. I did the same for the
    passphrase. As well as setting it to infrastructure vs. ad-hoc mode.

    Herman