Re: Wireless Security

From: Kenton Smith (listsks_at_yahoo.ca)
Date: 10/13/05

    Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:58:41 -0400 (EDT)
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    These are all legal questions for which the answers
    are going to vary widely. My opinion, however, is that
    if you are going to setup an unprotected network, you
    should expect people to at least stumble on it, not to
    mention poke around on the machines. A wireless
    network should never be setup without using at least
    the minimum security tools available in the access
    point. If you've made at least a basic attempt to
    secure it, you will have a much better standing if you
    ever want to take action against someone who uses it
    without permission.

    Kenton

    --- "Herman Frederick Ebeling, Jr."