Re: Change MTU settings on Solaris 5.9

From: Cory Stoker (cory_at_clearnetsec.com)
Date: 10/13/05

    Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:02:48 -0600
    To: hpalmer@comsquared.com, security-basics@securityfocus.com

    I think this is what you need but I did not verify it on my Solaris
    box beforehand:

    disable PMTUD:
    # ndd -set /dev/ip ip_path_mtu_discovery 0

    set maximum MSS to 1460:
    # ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_mss_max 1460

    You can enumerate the options to change by using ndd as well.

    $ man ndd

    ---
    Cory Stoker
    ClearNet Security