RE: Encryption

From: Conlan Adams (conlan_at_midwesteyebanks.org)
Date: 10/05/05

    Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:08:46 -0400
    To: "Ian Crane" <iancrane@tpg.com.au>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Not sure if you've already gotten responses, but here goes...

    First, you can't go wrong with
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471117099/104-4009480-8533518?v=glance
    &n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance

    Applied cryptography by everyones favorite Bruce Schneier, and its
    probably available at your local library as well. It's a good basis for
    cryptography and cryptanalysis.

    Other than that, the best way to do it, is to start simple, write some
    code, attack some protocols, and get a good understanding on how the
    basics work before you attempt to go after modern stuff.

    Conlan Adams