Patch Scanning/Reporting Solution

From: K. Tyler Leet (tyler.leet_at_attustech.com)
Date: 10/04/05

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 10:32:40 -0500

    I am currently evaluating patch scanning/reporting solutions for my company. I am not interested in patch deployment or any other
    kind of network management services; I only need a product to scan networks for missing patches and have the ability to generate an
    XML output for reporting purposes. I have already evaluated Shavlik's HFNetChk and GFI Languard, but wanted to get some names of a
    few other solutions to evaluate. Also, if anyone has any good Spyware scanning solutions feel free to share those as well :), I am
    aware of Shavlik's but no other remote scanners ATM. Thanks in advance for the advice!

    Cheers!

    Tyler Leet