Re: Anonymize internet access

From: Michael Painter (tvhawaii_at_shaka.com)
Date: 10/04/05

    To: "Matt Alexander" <lowbassman@gmail.com>, "Joshua Graham" <jgraham@anexix.com>
    Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:16:52 -1000

    This one:
    http://www.hiproxy.com/rip.htm

    returns:
    >>Your real and public IP addresses are the same - 66.235.184.242
    You are not using a proxy server.<<

    which is findnot's SSH Tunnel via PuTTY.

    My eyes are glazed over...what does this mean (from the above site)?

    >>Note: Java IP detection will work through a direct Internet connection or a regular (HTTP/Socks) proxy server set in your browser.
    Web-based proxies and desktop proxy applications will prevent Real IP detection or display inaccurate results. <<

    FindNot's SSH tunnel is on port 80...does that make it a "Web-based proxy"?

    Thanks,

    --Michael