Re: Opinion about CEH

From: Terry Cutler (tcutler_at_novell.com)
Date: 10/01/05

    Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:21:00 -0600
    To: <security-basics@lists.securityfocus.com>, <alonzo.llamas@montenegroeditores.net>, "Alonzo Llamas" <alonzo.llamas@montenegroeditores.net>

    I just passed the exam and took the course this week. Worth every penny.
    HOWEVER ...if you take the material directly from CEH it's like reading
    a book with no structure. Intense school really put the blocks in
    place, and not only prepared me for what's on the exam, but Ralph
    Echemendia's knowledge was top notch & real world !

    Terry P Cutler
    Master CNE 4,5,6 , CDE, A+, MCP, NEE, CLP 9
    PSE - Premium Services Engineer
    Novell Canada, Leading provider of infrastructure software and services
    http://www.novell.com
    Office : 514-368-9160 (Primary)
    Cell: 514-791-9653
    >>> "Alonzo Llamas" <alonzo.llamas@montenegroeditores.net> 09/29/05 3:21
    PM >>>
    Hello guys.

    I was just reading about CEH certification (Ethical Hacker) by
    ECCouncil,
    and I' d like to hear opinions about the certification, contents of the
    course, etc.

    I mean, its this really useful, someone here has taken the cert?

    Thanks in advance.

    Alonzo Llamas

    • Re: Long time without programming
      ... Just questions from the Exam Cram books and Microsoft assestment site ... I did CADD drafting for 13 years and I ... >> specific) I learned by reading. ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
    • Re: CEHv7
      ... The new CEH V7 has many topics that are similar to the CEH V6 exam. ... Information Assurance Certification Review Board ... Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Day Skipper Theoretical Exam - Where?
      ... There is no stand-alone exam for day skipper shorebased as this level is not ... intensive course at a sea school ... There used to be a good team of trainers at the LEA in Reading. ... "Reading Offshore Club" This is a well established club which started by a ...
      (uk.rec.sailing)
    • Re: advice for CEH certification
      ... Some certs are more highly regarded than others, from what I've seen the CEH isn't very high on the list. ... When I took the CEH exam last year it was very dated, maybe back to 1999-2000 time frame. ... If you're looking for a good certification I'd suggest OSPA and OSPT instead of CEH. ... Detect Malicious Web Content and Exploits in Real-Time. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Error: not all code paths return a value
      ... You may also want to do some reading on Exception handling and how ... returns a string but it does not returns any value ... Even if he pass one exam, what's you problem, you can't sleep because ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)