Re: HTML/Java protection

From: Eduardo Kienetz (eduardok_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/19/05

    Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:41:58 -0300
    To: Security Basics <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    On 9/18/05, confusionvalley <confusionvalley@netcabo.pt> wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > I'm interested in having an online game made with java but i would like to protect the .class from downloading it.
    > It's easy to get that .class and then decompile it and get the source code... basically it's just watch the html code of the page that will load the .class and get the name of the class.
    > Then you just pick a download program and you get the .class. When you have the .class you decompile it and get the source.
    > My objective is precisely protect this source code... at least for now... later i'm thinking in turning it open source... but for now the idea is just protecting it.
    > Any idea to protect the file from foreign downloads ?
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Nuno

    I don't see how, since it's a client-side processed file, meaning it
    is downloaded and then executed by the CLIENT.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

    Regards,

    --
    Eduardo  Bacchi Kienetz
    LPI Certified - Level 2

    • Re: Using auto filter when worksheet is protected
      ... In 2002-2003 this is a option when you protect your sheet. ... Regards Ron de Bruin ... > Tim wrote: ...
      (microsoft.public.excel)
    • Re: How To Protect Images!
      ... It does absolutely nothing to protect your ... | prevent the person from doing a "screen capture" to get the image. ... | Watermark Method ...
      (rec.photo.digital)
    • Re: Help with getting URL from browser in BHO
      ... > I only edited the URL to protect the customer. ... Regards ... >>> Aslan, ... >>> Rich Douglass ...
      (microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.webbrowser_ctl)
    • Re: A General Wireless Question
      ... >> Regards, ... how much you want to protect yourself opposed to how much you ... > standard windows ports through also. ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless)
    • Re: Net firms in music pirates deal
      ... installing equipment that can actually tell what users are downloading. ... The problem is that the music and video industry ... protect themselves, share data. ... So no internet access for the rest of your days. ...
      (uk.telecom.broadband)