PDA Security

sf_mail_sbm_at_yahoo.com
Date: 09/16/05

    Date: 16 Sep 2005 10:15:11 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hi List,

    Is there a way to restrict access of a PDA during a synchronisation such that it can only synchronise with Mail (Calenders, etc) but CANNOT copy other files from the PC?

    PC = Windows environment
    PDA = no specific brand, users bring different PDAs

    Thank you all for your suggestions/remarks
    Ronish

    • Re: MS ActiveSync and Delphi
      ... What I would like to do is use a Delphi app to read the records of the SQL ... CE database and look for changed records and new ones. ... > I don't think you'll find RAPI will be useful for database synchronisation ... > as such, it will enable you to run PDA applications, test whether PDA apps ...
      (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
    • Re: Deliver Full Outlook to a PDA
      ... I know a range of PDA's will allow email and tasks to be synchronised but is there a way to deliver these customised areas to a PDA? ... We can sync up through our laptops and a VPN connection but I'm not sure of the prcticality of doing this with a Bluetooth connection on a PDA. ... In my experience with ActiveSync, there was no option to include anything other than the very basics in a synchronisation i.e. calendar, tasks, email, notes, favourites etc. ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
    • Re: PDA-Neuling sucht PDA
      ... > Synchronisation mit Outlook ... > Exceldateien sollten auf dem PDA mitgenommen werden können und evtl. ... Speziell wegen Excel koenntest Du Dir auch noch nen Palm-OS-PDA anschauen, ...
      (de.comp.sys.handhelds.misc)
    • Deliver Full Outlook to a PDA
      ... there a way to deliver these customised areas to a PDA? ... We can sync up through our laptops and a VPN connection but I'm not sure of ... the prcticality of doing this with a Bluetooth connection on a PDA. ... than the very basics in a synchronisation i.e. calendar, tasks, email, ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
    • Sync mit Desktop
      ... Ich habe zwei Fragen zur Synchronisation, ... Ordner, wird sie nicht am PDA verschoben, auch wenn ich ... Ein einzelner Termin scheint auf eine gewisse Dauer ... Herstellen der Verbindung auch am Desktop der Termin ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsce)