Re: Wireless Forensics

From: Ivan . (ivanhec_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/08/05

    Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:01:20 +1000
    To: "cerealkilla@cox.net" <cerealkilla@cox.net>

    have you tried google?
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=wireless+forensics&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

    also take a look at http://www.wi-foo.com/ and buy the book, these
    guys are wireless ninjas

    cheers
    Ivan

    On 9/8/05, cerealkilla@cox.net <cerealkilla@cox.net> wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I hate to post a request like this but I've had a very hard time finding information on this topic so I'm hoping some of you may be able to help. I'm currently an InfoSec Student and also have a large interest in wireless. I'm trying to do some research for a forensics paper on Wireless Forensics. I was looking for any info anyone could provide on the subject. I will be very grateful for any assistance! Below are a few basic questions I'm trying to use to start my research, please feel free to add anything you like, your help will be much appreciated!
    >

    > Wireless as in WiFi, 802.11
    >

    > What is involved in wireless forensics?
    >
    > What is the goal of WF?
    >
    > What tools might you use? Hardware & Software
    >
    > Why would you need/use WF?
    >
    > What is an example of a typical incident and/or response involving wireless?
    >
    > How do different wireless security implementations help or hurt in WF?
    >
    > Where might I find more information related to wireless forensics?

    • RE: Wireless Forensics
      ... If you have a "great interest" in wireless, then I think you need to frame ... that says "I am a student of biology interested in horses. ... trying to do some research for a forensics paper on Wireless Forensics. ... What is an example of a typical incident and/or response involving wireless? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Wireless Forensics
      ... > What is involved in wireless forensics? ... For what I understand, wireless forensics is about ... there has been an attack. ... doing forensics on a network ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Wireless Forensics
      ... Wireless as in WiFi, 802.11 ... What is involved in wireless forensics? ... Hardware & Software ... Where might I find more information related to wireless forensics? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Google Proposes Free Wi-Fi For San Francisco
      ... Marking its biggest step into the wireless communications market to ... information by the City of San Francisco to test local Internet ... "Google has submitted a proposal to offer free, ... furiously against these proposals, as SBC is doing in Kansas also. ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)
    • Re: FCC Wants to stop free national wireless
      ... AT&T and Verizon wireless. ... Since when have Republicans cared about tax revenues? ... I guess Google isn't giving $millions$ to the Republican party, ... FCC would have approved their plan. ...
      (alt.politics.bush)