Re: Outlook Security

From: Jacob Bresciani (jacob_at_bresciani.ca)
Date: 08/24/05

    Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:19:25 -0700
    To: "Ramki B" <bramkie@gmail.com>

    Yes. doesn't Windows 2K and XP Pro use NTFS by default anyway? And on
    both these OS's Outlook defaults to placing the pst file in Documents
    and Settings\username\Local Data\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    which has permissions for that user set on it as well.

    My users access their PST files off of a networked mounted drive
    which they have special permissions (read write change and create but
    are not allowed to change permissions) to.

    Jacob Bresciani

    "Passwords are like bubble gum, strongest when fresh, should never be
    used by groups and create a sticky mess when left laying around"

    -anon

    On Aug 23, 2005, at 7:09 PM, Ramki B wrote:

    > I wondered if we can have the .pst file on a NTFS disk (either
    > localy or on
    > the network) with specific ACL's defined for the owner of the Mailbox.
    >
    > Any comments...?
    >
    > Ramki B

    • Re: extraction of PST fraom drive
      ... the .pst file are now exstrated and secured on the servers ... permissions to subfolders. ... Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ... a Z drive - and try to browse to the PST file in documents settings ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook)
    • Re: extraction of PST fraom drive
      ... give the Everyone account full control ... if you give permission higher than this, you need to propagate the permissions to subfolders. ... Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ... How can I get the .PST file "out"? ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook)
    • RE: Outlook Security
      ... Subject: Outlook Security ... "There is a built in way to password protect .pst files in outlook. ... It's somewhere in the properties of the pst file. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Folder Permissions
      ... I am trying to import my personal folders (.pst file) which is on a back up ... Using Outlook 2003. ... permissions to access this folder on the CD even tho I am the Administrator ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
    • Re: adding two mail boxs in one exchage in Outlook 2003
      ... Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP ... It only error's when I add the second account to the main one. ... Protected with file permissions ... store the OST or PST file on the local computer." ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)