RE: Transporting source code securely

From: Meidinger Christopher (chris.meidinger_at_badenIT.de)
Date: 08/23/05

    Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:53:48 +0200
    To: "Bill Stout" <bill.stout@greenborder.com>, <security-basics@lists.securityfocus.com>

    Are they carrying linux machines or windows machines with them?

    If they are linux machines, they could us an encrypted archive (dmcrypt
    + luks) and access it over sftp - or even smb filesharing.

    If they are windows machines, format, install linux, and use above
    method.

    Cheers,

    Chris

    • Samba
      ... All of the Windows machines can see the Linux machines while none of the ... Linux machines can see any Windows machine. ... The Windows machines print through two Linux shared printers, ... All Linux firewalls are set for external on NFS, SMB, HTTP, etc. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Samba
      ... All have the same SMB workgroup. ... All of the Windows machines can see the Linux machines while none of the ... Linux machines can see any Windows machine. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Cant talk between VPNd client and Linux server.
      ... This forum is for Windows Firewall Discussion. ... Linux boxes don't know where to send packets to the VPN client's subnet ... > These machines are all running on the same departmental level subnet. ... > two linux machines, I can do the same from any local windows client. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Problem with Linux Machines Request for Time from an XP Machine
      ... > Two machines are on my local network: solarblast, an XP Pro machine with SP2 ... NTP servers do NOT come ... Quite probably unless you set up NTP server software on the XP machine. ... Make your XP machine into a router for your linux machines. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: provision and patch management solutions for 100s of Linux machines
      ... >> provision and manage several hundred Linux machines. ... Yum works like a charm with RH enterprise, ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)