Re: Keylogger

From: Justin Gill (jdgill_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/19/05

    Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:34:11 -0300
    To: "pratamain@gmail.com" <pratamain@gmail.com>

    If you have a rootkit installed on your system the easiest/most secure
    thing to do is nuke the system and reinstall the OS. Change any
    passwords ASAP and check to see what (if any) damage was done with the
    use of these passwords.

    --
    Regards,
    Justin Gill

    • Re: Removing hackers file
      ... >>But reinstall and get up to date with the security updates. ... >>Note they have root on your machine, and thus they may well know your ... > I am sending this from Windows, but Windows may be compromised too? ... re-install, change all your passwords, and start from scratch. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Need help with accessing laptop
      ... Need help with accessing laptop ... after you reinstall windows in another directory, people store passwords ... I assume my co-worker and his wife ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Attempt to breakin
      ... Reinstall the operating system from scratch (not ... Make completely sure that all of those files should be suid. ... Zero out the passwords of all users in /etc/shadow, ... Assume that the cracker has a list of each and every ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Forgotten Password
      ... passwords I am unable to remember. ... It would be a major hassle to ... I would like to attempt to burn a floppy disk ...
    • Re: old user names - cant access - cant delete dirs.
      ... >I had to reinstall XP two times due to errors. ... >two screen names with passwords that are my old ones but ... >denied message. ... >take up hard drive space. ...