Web mail intercepted! How?

pagoda33_at_sbcglobal.net
Date: 08/04/05

    Date: 4 Aug 2005 03:56:31 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Someone at our company sent email using a free Web mail service from a workstation inside our network. The message was somehow intercepted by a third party, was forwarded to an unknown number of people, and found its way back to the sender...

    Needless to say, the sender is quite upset ...

    We don't know whether the Web mail account was compromised from the outside, or if someone is packet-sniffing or keylogging from inside the network.

    We're going to start looking tomorrow... any ideas on how to proceed?

    • RE: Web mail intercepted! How?
      ... Check the headers first. ... Subject: Web mail intercepted! ... the sender is quite upset ... ... or if someone is packet-sniffing or keylogging from inside the network. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Save Sent items to undisclosed location
      ... I feel that some of the workstations on our network have ... The sender is ... from the SENT ITEMS folder. ... a "sent" message to another workstation on the network? ...
      (microsoft.public.internet.mail)
    • RE: Password cracker tool
      ... has dictionary / brute force / hybrid attacks. ... Network Security Administrator ... sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the ... Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: TCP Syn Flooding
      ... Subject: TCP Syn Flooding ... In my opinion a small network, with an NT4 server would be viewed as an ... This correspondence is for the named person's use only. ... notify the sender. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Is there anyway to find out if we have a bootserver on the networ k --like a command ???
      ... Is there anyway to find out if there is a bootserver on the network? ... Like if I have to build a server of a jumpstarserver and I don't know if we ... destroy any hard copies and notify the sender. ... except where the message states otherwise and the sender ...
      (SunManagers)