Re: open source user audit software ??

From: Michael Gale (michael.gale_at_bluesuperman.com)
Date: 08/04/05

    Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:00:13 -0600
    To: NewYork User <newyorkuser@gmail.com>

    Thanks for the links but I believe that IBM's software has the ability
    to create accounts in Active Directory as well as on Linux machines ?

    I am not 100% sure on that ... ideally we would like the following:

    1. A new employee is starting
    2. The PM for the new employee goes to our intra net site and fills out
    a form requesting access for mail and lets say an account on our Linux
    CVS server.
    3. The request goes to IT
    4. If the request is approved then the account is setup in AD and on the
    Linux box automatically.

    I was told that the IBM software does something to that affect ??

    Michael

    NewYork User wrote:
    > Michael,
    >
    > I think you are looking to implement "Single Sign-on (SSO) Solution".
    > IBM has 2 products Tivoli Identity Manager (TIM) and Tivoli Access
    > Manager (TAM). If you are looking to implement Open Source Web SSO,
    > SUN has recently donated the code to open source community. Take a
    > look at the following sites.
    >
    > http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3519651
    >
    > https://opensso.dev.java.net/
    >

    > On 7/29/05, Michael Gale <michael.gale@bluesuperman.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I believe that IBM has a product called Tivoli which has a component
    >>that can do the following:
    >>
    >>- A new employee is starting, the PM clicks the required access through
    >>a web portal. Which then notifies each person required to make the
    >>changes or accounts, plus could make the accounts if allowed.
    >>
    >>It will provide an audit trail of who requested the access and who
    >>approved the request.
    >>
    >>It can also provide an alert when new accounts have been created with
    >>out using the software.
    >>
    >>Does anyone know of any open source tools that can do this ??
    >>
    >>Michael

    • Re: spyware/malware and linux?
      ... > How vulnerable is Linux to spyware, malware, trojans, etc. compared to ... > much about linux security or vulnerability, ... a pristine browser setup. ... All browser accounts have bogas email addresses. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Clamav
      ... employed on Linux is simply not to run as superuser where most Windows ... accounts have all of the power needed to replicate malware. ... owned by root typically isn't. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Clamav
      ... employed on Linux is simply not to run as superuser where most Windows ... accounts have all of the power needed to replicate malware. ... owned by root typically isn't. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: open source user audit software ??
      ... so there is one for provisioning user accounts (Active ... > to create accounts in Active Directory as well as on Linux machines? ... The request goes to IT ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Q: Network accounts problem
      ... We have a network of several SGI and Linux based machines, ... user accounts managed by a server running SuSE 9.1 pro, ... However the SGI machines notice the change straight away. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)