A question about USB Storage.

From: Carlos Manuel de La Concha Canedo (ofeyccc1_at_prodigy.net.mx)
Date: 08/02/05

    Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:07:54 -0500
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Dear List Members,

    I have been reading threads recently about recovering temporary data such as
    swap file, temp files, et al.
    If the information in the swap file and other system temporal files its so
    important ¿why don´t put it in a usb device?
    With a usb capacity of about 4 GB it could be a solution (and an added
    complication) for the security of such files.

    It´s possible to do it? In windows? In linux? In Freebsd?

    I think that the sistem could include a function to erase the usb device at
    logoff or shutdown, besides, could you prove that
    A specific usb device was used in a specific computer?

    Thanks for your attention

    Ing. Carlos Manuel De La Concha Canedo
    Clavelinas 257-1
    Colonia Nueva Santa María
    02800, Azcapotzalco, Distrito Federal, México

    "Cuando se siente herida, la ostra...
    hace una perla."

    Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.