Re: Packet analysis and protocol analysis

From: Tom Van de Wiele (tom.vandewiele_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/27/05

    Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:12:25 +0200
    To: Ramki B <bramki@eth.net>

    You can start by reading "TCP/IP Illustrated volume 1" (aka the
    network bible) by Richard Stevens to try and understand how protocols
    behave on the different layers. I would start with your own network
    at home and try experimenting with several applications/tools to see
    what the sniffer output is.

    my 2 eurocents

    Tom

    --