Re: Packet analysis and protocol analysis

From: Tom Van de Wiele (tom.vandewiele_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/27/05

    Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:12:25 +0200
    To: Ramki B <bramki@eth.net>

    You can start by reading "TCP/IP Illustrated volume 1" (aka the
    network bible) by Richard Stevens to try and understand how protocols
    behave on the different layers. I would start with your own network
    at home and try experimenting with several applications/tools to see
    what the sniffer output is.

    my 2 eurocents

    Tom

    --
    Tom Van de Wiele, CISSP
    Security Engineer
    On 7/26/05, Ramki B <bramki@eth.net> wrote:

    > I am trying to understand network packet analysis and exprimenting with
    > Etherreal. I have a captured file and i do not to understand the output , is
    > there any references in can look into for packet analysis and protocol
    > analysis?
    >
    > Thanks...

    • RE: Windows Media Player 11 not opening files through email
      ... And the Media Player will play news broadcasts and a radio station I ... I did not change my settings in any way other than the updates. ... are not connected to a local area network or to the Internet. ... protocols in the Player are not enabled. ...
    • RE: Windows Media Player 11 not opening files through email
      ... I did not change my settings in any way other than the updates. ... are not connected to a local area network or to the Internet. ... protocols in the Player are not enabled. ... proxy server settings for the Player are not configured properly. ...
    • RE: Windows Media Player 11 not opening files through email
      ... I did not change my settings in any way other than the updates. ... are not connected to a local area network or to the Internet. ... protocols in the Player are not enabled. ... proxy server settings for the Player are not configured properly. ...
    • Re: Workgroup
      ... I have one XP Home used as a file server and 5 other PCs ... >>protocols are installed, it can access the internet, ... >than one protocol can make the network unreliable, ... >Windows XP Network Protocols ...