RE: FW: CompTIA security+ versus SANS boot camp security essentials...

From: Murad Talukdar (talukdar_m_at_subway.com)
Date: 07/28/05

    Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:06:32 +1000
    To: 'Corey LeBleu' <coreylebleu@gmail.com>

    Thanks Corey/Adrian,
    >From what you both say-the theoretical approach is more CompTIA's bag.
    However, I learn better when there is more hands on/break things and fix
    them type activity, so this has me leaning more towards the GSEC. I know
    that being an online course will make it a bit harder but from what I've
    read/heard, everyone still gains from this format.

    I take on board what you said about the mcse and CompTIA though, Adrian.
    I know that even where I work at the moment we're going to have more
    opportunity to get into Linux/UNIX type scenarios, so it would be good to
    have a grounding in that.

    Murad