RE: Best spyware program

From: David Gillett (gillettdavid_at_fhda.edu)
Date: 07/22/05

    To: "'Lett, Craig'" <Craig.Lett@usfc.com>, "'Eric Webster'" <sophomeric@gmail.com>, "'Bapodara, Shyamal'" <Shyamal.Bapodara@earthtech.com>
    Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:50:12 -0700

      Amidst all the public discussion about this issue, I have
    yet to see any directions telling how to display and/or
    modify the "ignore" list. Anybody?

    David Gillett

    [mailto:sophomeric@gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:25 AM To:
    Bapodara, Shyamal Cc: security-basics@lists.securityfocus.com Subject: Re:
    Best spyware program I am not sure if my answer is on track with what you
    are looking for, but I personally am liking the Microsoft Anti-Spyware
    program. It may be yware since I deployed it. On 7/20/05, Bapodara, Shyamal
    <Shyamal.Bapodara@earthtech.com> wrote: > Hello Team > I do like to test
    different so called "free" software available > online. What is the best
    to test if they don't have any spyware in it > once it is installed? What
    will be the best way to test these with out > compromising my system?
    Thanks > Shyamal > > > This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the
    named addressee(s) > and may contain information that is confidential and
    proprietary. If > this information is received by anyone other than the
    named > addressee(s), the > recipient(s) should immediately notify the
    sender by e-mail and promptly > delete the transmitted material from your
    computer and server. In no event > shall this material be read, used,
    stored, or retained by anyone other than > the named addressee(s) without
    the express written consent of the sender or > the named addressee(s). > >

    --------- This e-mail is the exclusive, private and confidential property of
    the sender. The information contained in it is intended solely for the use
    of the sender and the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
    recipient you are hereby advised that any unauthorized disclosure, copying,
    distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
    message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
    please notify us immediately by telephone (call the USF Corporation
    Technical Support Center at 1-888-873-8721) and then destroy this document
    and any copies in any form immediately. Finally, the recipient should check
    this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. USF Corporation
    email.
    ---------