Re: VoIP testing Help

From: David Eduardo Acosta Rodríguez (david.acosta_at_internet-solutions.com.co)
Date: 07/21/05

    To: "bytesman" <bytesman@gmail.com>, "Mark Sec" <mark.sec@gmail.com>
    Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:56:40 -0500

    Hi Mark:

    Please read
    http://www.networkgeneral.com/uploads/Products/20046243991063/whitepaper_introduction-voip_0305.pdf

    In commercial tools, you can use:

    http://www.networkgeneral.com/Products_details.aspx?PrdId=20046243991063 <-
    Network General Sniffer Voice

    http://www.networkgeneral.com/Products_details.aspx?PrdId=20046117180712 <-
    Network General InfinityStream

    From the InfinityStream description:

    " ...Integrated Voice-over-IP

    The Voice Option is a value-added package that integrates with InfiniStream
    Network Management to provide additional insights into voice- and
    video-over-IP converged traffic. Voice-over-IP (VoIP) Experts automatically
    detect and help resolve key problems seen on VoIP networks-jitter, packet
    loss, packet-sequencing errors, and latency. These VoIP Experts and
    call-tracking capabilities, along with the traditional Expert system, help
    ensure successful VoIP network rollouts while maintaining "toll-quality"
    voice and high-quality data for all users..."

             Ing. David E. Acosta R.
          Security Consultant - CISSP
           Internet Solutions Colombia
      "The Information Security Experts"
    http://www.internet-solutions.com.co
     david.acosta@internet-solutions.com.co
           Phone (movil):(300)2089961
     Phone (office):(091)3120910 ext 17

    On 7/21/05, Mark Sec <mark.sec@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Alo Folks:
    >
    > Well now we have a audit over VoIP , we need whitepappers, tools ,
    links...

    > the big problem may be are the tools, for example we need "examples"
    > or "PoC like sniffing over VoIP whith tools tcpdump and Ethereal, how
    > to convert the traffic to .wav file , Which are the strings over my
    > shell use tcpdump, opensource and comercial tools.
    >
    > thanks for all ur help :-)
    >
    > - Mark

    • SQL Voice Over IP Exposed!
      ... VOIP can Lower telecom costs and help with network ... consolidation -- and cause security problems if not handled right. ... "The idiosyncrasies of voice data may strain your security system to ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)
    • Re: VoIP testing Help
      ... Network General InfinityStream ... The Voice Option is a value-added package that integrates with InfiniStream ... Voice-over-IP (VoIP) Experts automatically ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Verizon Wirelss Broadband
      ... They REALLY want you to buy a voice plan if you want to make phone calls. ... Most VoIP applications today use a data rate or bandwidth in the range of 32 to 128 kbps. ... In other words, a single VoIP conversation over a high-speed data connection will use somewhere between 2 and 32 times as much bandwidth and capacity as using the network operator's voice service, potentially reducing the ability of others to use the network, and would not result in any incremental revenue to the carrier under an unlimited data plan. ...
      (alt.cellular.verizon)
    • Re: History AT&T early modem developments? [telecom]
      ... single voice channel, from the 1930s. ... This made the telegraph companies, ... using a dialup network completely separate from the voice ... switching system with hundreds of points. ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)
    • RE: Voice over IP applications vulnerabilites/attacks ?
      ... My reply was essentially......have good network security design at the ... many vendors that have phones and phone systems with problems. ... Keith is right....the VOIP circuit has been relatively left alone on the ...
      (Focus-IDS)