Monitor ALL pc's (XP) via spy software?

From: Chris Williams (realized_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/13/05

    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:07:51 -0800
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    I am looking for software that will let me monitor in REAL TIME, as
    well as go back and see what happened on a pc at any time. I see quite
    a few options out there and most seem to do the same thing which is
    why I am writing this.

    What do you guys recommend? I am looking for:

    1) Something that can be deployed in the enterprise (40+ machines).
    2) Able to connect from the network/LAN to monitor in REAL TIME - in a
    way that is passive.
    3) Able to go back and see what happened on the pc earlier in the day/week?
    4) Able to monitor everything from one machine.
    5) Option of logging urls they went to earlier etc.

    What do you guys recommend?

    • Re: wanted: images of compromised systems
      ... > connection attempts coming in to another machine only for the purpose ... > You can watch it all in real time with something like Iptraf. ... > and only open ports you specificaly want to monitor for activity. ... how do you practice something like this without faking the system yourself ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Syslog to monitor traffic
      ... Kiwi Syslog is a fairly good syslog for MS-Windows platforms. ... It logs ... system messages that hosts send it, it doesn't monitor anything. ... I'm looking to monitor, in real time, all TCP, UDP traffic outside - ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: Does this code Force Garbage Collector to Collect
      ... | I do have one more question; how can I monitor *real time* when GC starts ... You can use Performance Counters to determine the amount of memory ... heap. ... As for real time analysis, try the SOS extension to WinDBG. ...
    • Re: Network Monitoring Tools?
      ... > Is there anyway to monitor the traffic coming through in real time - ... there isn't anything to monitor. ... designed to automatically last 20 minutes from what last "request" from the ... why IIS uses Sessions as described above. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • Re: virus attacks against Exchange
      ... The real time file system scan monitor of the Symantec Corporate Edition ... >> our Exchange server ... >> virus detections by our real time virus monitor. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)