Re: Changing the mac address on Windows 2000 and XP

From: Kelly D. Lucas (lucaskeli_at_fastmail.fm)
Date: 07/07/05

    Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:54:52 -0700
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Actually most vendors of hardware have some sort of utility that
    interfaces with a firmware API, that can indeed change the MAC address.
    This is independent of the platform, as generally firmware will hold the
    MAC address.

    kdl

    --
    Kelly D. Lucas
    lucaskeli@fastmail.fm

    • Re: "Apple: Mactels wont support Vista"
      ... that point -- I won't buy a Mac. ... So what did Apple lose by switching to Intel chips? ... Windows will run on the motherboards ... the hardware and firmware that Mac OS X needs. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: Reminder: Windows XP Runs Natively On Intel Macs
      ... You have a beige G3 and you want to run OS X, ... before you can run it YOU MUST APPLY A FIRMWARE UPDATE. ... is built in to the Mac and the first 0.5% of Windows is not, ... You must do so before you can install Mac OS X. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: Reminder: Windows XP Runs Natively On Intel Macs
      ... You have a beige G3 and you want to run OS X, ... before you can run it YOU MUST APPLY A FIRMWARE UPDATE. ... is built in to the Mac and the first 0.5% of Windows is not, ... You must do so before you can install Mac OS X. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: Macs problem wireless
      ... Check the Dlink DGL4300 for the latest firmware. ... Engenius EOC 1650, configured as an access point on channel 6 wired to ... The "seamless roaming" was work just fine until suddenly the 3 poor Mac ... Can you ping the router IP address from one of the Mac computer? ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Mac Security: Firmware Updates In Mac OS X 10.4.6
      ... These firmware updates are part of the Mac OS X 10.4.6 update. ... - The second was sent out to Apple's security mail list. ... Apple Product Security, see the Apple Product Security website. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)