Re: Network Related Tools

From: Mark Teicher (mht3_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 07/06/05

    Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:47:04 -0400
    To: Nuno Carvalho <n.carvalho@iol.pt>

    Nagios is an open source host, service and network monitoring program.

    http://www.nagios.org/about/screenshots.php

    At 03:22 PM 7/3/2005, Nuno Carvalho wrote:
    >Hy,
    >
    >I'm looking for 2 network-related tools.
    >
    >1) a Network monitor SNMP capable, with a nice GUI interface.
    >The all point is to have a tool that helps me watching the status of the
    >network (routers, switch, servers, gateways, etc).
    >
    >2) a Switch/Router configurator - I don't know if this tool exist.
    >I'm looking for a tool that (1) discover all switch/router in my LAN and
    >(2)adding "plug-ins", give me chance to config switch/routers, no matter
    >the manufacter (3COM, IBM, Cisco, etc)
    >
    >I'm first looking for OpenSource Software running on Windows SO.
    >Linux OS is an option, paying for software, not for now.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Nuno Carvalho

    • Re: Whats a good place to buy networking gear?
      ... switches if you can avoid it, say by buying a bigger switch. ... If the cables get ... I have deployed lots of small cheap switches like you propose in the ... to do network monitoring? ...
      (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
    • Re: anyone know who sell a old style Ethernet Hub?
      ... I need to do some network monitoring with Wireshark. ... I need an old fashioned hub (not a switch) to ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • RE: Network Related Tools
      ... Subject: Network Related Tools ... a Network monitor SNMP capable, with a nice GUI interface. ... network (routers, switch, servers, gateways, etc). ... I'm first looking for OpenSource Software running on Windows SO. ...
      (Security-Basics)