Linux certs that help with security?

From: dissolved (dissolved_at_comcast.net)
Date: 06/30/05

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:42:51 -0400

    Can anyone recommend some good linux certifications that would help with
    securing a linux box?
    I work for a very small company and will soon be tasked with securing a few
    linux machines. I am only decent at linux.
    Thanks

    • Re: Locking Down a Linux Box
      ... I'm new to using Linux and need ... In a nutshell, you run this script on a virgin installation, ... The script covers off pretty much everything from the SANS book "Securing ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Monitoring and securing outbound connections
      ... I am mostly interested in protecting and securing my Linux computer ... from outbound malicious scripts and executables (applications). ... Firefox itself has a good reputation but that says nothing about the plugins of which most people have more than they need. ... Given how quickly I was found by two people and that I have been using linux full time for over nine years and never been hacked there are two possibilities. ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: Locking Down a Linux Box
      ... Things like pop3 servers, rpc, ftpd, telnetd ... If you want, openwall patches, or patches for the kernel based on those ... These are the first things that come to mind when I think of securing a ... > Linux 7.2 Server OS. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Debian workstations in a school environment
      ... our workstations run Windows. ... managing linux workstations. ... There is a good document on securing Debian. ... Beauty is more important in computing than anywhere else in technology ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: NSA enhancing Linux security?
      ... The NSA, or NCSC, has released several guides to securing Windoze also. ... I personally welcome the SE linux project. ... and even some of the better attackers. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)