Re: Opinions sought...How much information is to much to "give away"?

From: ChayoteMu (chayotemu_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/29/05

    Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:31:41 -0700
    To: Kevin Kasner <tkevink@gmail.com>

    I would think the main risk of giving too much information would be on
    how specific you are about numbers 2 and 3. If you just say something
    like "We have a mix of Windows 2k, XP workstations, *ix and Win2k3
    servers." then you're not giving that much information there. For
    number 3 it's a bit more tricky. If you've just said "we use seperate
    solutions for firewall, IDP, remote access, etc such as company X
    device Y and a few others" then I don't see that as much of a problem.
    I would ensure that the article gives plenty of specific info for the
    software, how well it's worked and all of that, but unless it's direct
    to that and necessary to make sense of how you use their package I
    wouldn't give any more information. Then again I am a bit paranoid so
    I'm assuming this article is going out to the wide open public.

    --
    "To catch a theif, think like a theif. To catch a master theif, be a
    master theif."