Re: program to store passwords

From: Alexander Klimov (alserkli_at_inbox.ru)
Date: 06/28/05

    Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:36:06 +0300 (IDT)
    To: Leon <roastin@yahoo.com>

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Leon wrote:

    > Could anyone supply a suggestion on what they like and
    > why? I use to use p-safe back in the day just
    > wondering if any more advanced freeware programs are
    > available.

    It depends on what you mean by `advanced'.

    The simplest way is to use password derivation, e.g.,

    $ openssl sha1 -binary | openssl base64
    master-password mail.yahoo.com
    [Control-D]
    sYtnc48oq8Ty6kyYu4Qf+2RkGjU= -- this is the password

    But there are also more `user-friendly' ways, e.g.,
    http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/

    --
    Regards,
    ASK