Security Training

malachai.77_at_gmail.com
Date: 06/08/05

    Date: 8 Jun 2005 18:38:15 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hello all,

    I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm trying to find a good training center for getting security cert and networking cert. I would like to start from the bottom up. I have about 6yrs in the computer world.
    I'm trying to find location in San Dimas, Covina or any were in the IE = Riverside etc....

    This would be very helpful since my company needs me to get cert in security or networking.

    Thank you.

    --Louie

    • Re: Just getting started in pen-testing
      ... mailing list because now I'm taking a network security class. ... Pentesting to me as I said before is similar to an art. ... my most "coveted" for lack of better terms cert is the OSCP because I ... me to understand network and systems heavily before even focusing on tools. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: CISSP-ISSMP
      ... they did not need a cert to get the same job you ... security attributes if that is the test bank you were lucky enough to ... You have an option to go with a managed service (Cenzic ... FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help you: ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • RE: Hacker Stories, Certs, vs Projects - Was Re: Technitium MAC Address Changer v3.1 (FREEWARE)
      ... This information is useful only to senior security people who intend to ... and I ask them why they didn't spend the money to prove that they know ... better paying job. ... There was a time whence sec folks that could demonstrate real skills, real hands-on experience far beyond whosing a cert number for a passed CISSP exam made real money. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: The Register: OpenVMS among most-secure of operating systems
      ... I can state that my VMS system has never been ... >> in any sort of security or DoS danger because of SSH. ... None of the vulnerabilities posted for BIND ... > for them or patches for cert advisories (if you understand ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: The Register: OpenVMS among most-secure of operating systems
      ... >> ahead of VMS for vunerabilities. ... > any sort of security or DoS danger because of SSH. ... > should have been reported to CERT (if CERT was to be used as a valid ... ACMS security hole No CERT Advisory. ...
      (comp.os.vms)