Re: Re: Mobile wireless users

jblackley_at_sysmatrix.net
Date: 06/01/05

    Date: 1 Jun 2005 15:02:35 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Regarding the company's liability - and the assertion that, if you can't enforce it with technology then you can't enforce it - a response to both of these is:

    While 'automated' enforcement (via technology) is very attractive in that we can set rules and use a tool to keep people on the straight and narrow, the company also has a duty to educate users on the appropriate uses of technology.

    When tools are not available to us, we do not have the option of simply throwing up our hands and saying, "Oh well, no tools available so we must let users do as they please."

    Instead, we have a duty to educate users of technology on the risks inherent in that technology. We try to do this via policy and standards and we augment those with training courses that address - in this instance - exactly the risks that the original post queried.

    • Re: The Solution to Traffic Congestion
      ... and no sales tax paid on it? ... drugs) the easier these laws will be to enforce. ... Minor change for the enforcement technology, ... All are continuing proposals. ...
      (rec.autos.driving)
    • Re: Pournelles acronym ARM = ??
      ... that has enough military power to enforce world ... wide peace and regulate technology into "non ...
      (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
    • Re: Recovery Time From A PA Event
      ... They never achieved 18th century technology. ... It's _easy_ to revert back to barbarianism. ... If they have the ability to enforce that idea on the rest, ... As long as the people in power can enforce a pyramidal structure -- as ...
      (rec.games.frp.misc)