RE: block MSN Messenger

From: Bruyere, Michel (mbruyere_at_ezemcanada.com)
Date: 04/28/05

    Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:24:23 -0400
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Hi everyone,
                    From all I have seen, I'll have to wait until I upgrade
    my firewall for one that support layer 7 filtering. Thanks for everyone
    that jumped in and thrown ideas!

    There was some very good ideas but some were just impossible to put in
    place because of management.

    Thanks again!

    • Re: How good is Comodo Internet Security?
      ... Filtering traffic with a firewall means that you're not ... they migth catch some types of outbound malware traffic. ... that) the scanner detect an infection later on (because the signatures ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Help! Can I do this for under $400?
      ... >filtering, is missing. ... According to the FAQ of a firewall group, ... >destination addresses and port numbers. ... We have 3 web servers on the LAN ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Help! Can I do this for under $400?
      ... >firewall, and I have being so dissappointed about the crap they sell at ... >stores like Best Buy CANNOT do address filtering. ... >> B. Public to access any of the web servers using only port 80 or SSL ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Help with finding hardware firewall that acts like software firewall
      ... >level but do not truly control things as per specific program executable. ... >They are basically filtering the application data within the packets. ... >And your other firewall functionality will far surpass what any of these ... >> specific port or ports. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Empirical data surrounding guards and firewalls.
      ... The firewall is not content filtering, thus does not stop bad requests ... connection to a webserver. ... carrying an illegal object (an illegally formed request). ...
      (Full-Disclosure)