Re: HD memory wiper/shredder

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers (bugtraq_at_planetcobalt.net)
Date: 04/26/05

    Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:44:39 +0200
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    On 2005-04-25 Kinnell wrote:
    > I recently had a friend ask me if I knew of any real good file
    > shredders/wipers. He wants to be able to securely shred a file used
    > for an encryption key after it is no longer needed at that location.
    > I couldn't think of any off of the top of my head but I figured this
    > list would be a great place to start. So does anyone know of a good
    > shredder to use for this purpose? Freeware would be preferred.

    Mac OS X: srm
    Linux: wipe
    Windows: sdelete [1]

    [1] http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/sdelete.shtml

    Regards
    Ansgar Wiechers

    --
    "All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
    becoming available."

    • Re: HD memory wiper/shredder
      ... > Hey all. ... > I recently had a friend ask me if I knew of any real good file ... > shredders/wipers. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • HD memory wiper/shredder
      ... Hey all. ... I recently had a friend ask me if I knew of any real good file ... shredders/wipers. ... Freeware would be preferred. ...
      (Security-Basics)