Re: Hacked

From: Alvaro Prieto (alvaro_at_apg88.com)
Date: 04/14/05

    Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:27:13 -0400
    To: mfernandez@fdta-valles.org

    Mauricio,

    What if you try loading knoppix, or another live cd and remove the files
    without starting windows. You can also do a virus scan through there.
    If it is only in that folder, just delete it and run a virus-scan to
    make sure everything is clean.

    I have used knoppix before, and even if you are not familiar with linux,
    it will be very easy to do what you need.
    You can get knoppix at http://www.knoppix.org

    I hope this helps.

    Alvaro

    Mauricio Fernandez wrote:

    >This morning I found a wwwhack window opened on one of my w2k servers,
    >antivirus agent was deleted (TrendMicro) and when I reinstall it back, it
    >found about 4500 viruses named PE_PARITE.B
    >
    >Now the virus is still regenerating itself creating files on winnt\temp
    >folder, I saw the task list and stopped all the suspicious process, but
    >the virus still goes on...
    >
    >The virus/hacker created a folder named RADMIN, where he copied these
    >files:
    >r_server.exe
    >admdll.dll
    >hide.reg
    >raddrv.dll
    >pro.bat
    >start.bat
    >
    >Does anyone knows how to remove this virus and avoid this hack
    >vulnerability?
    >

    >Mauricio Fernández S.
    >IT Manager
    >Tel. 591- 445-25160
    >Fax. 591- 441-15056
    >mfernandez@fdta-valles.org
    >www.fdta-valles.org
    >Cochabamba - Bolivia

    Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
    Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
    professionals. Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
    Information Security offered online. Recognized by the NSA as an
    academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
    degree without disrupting your home or work life.

    http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en