Re: IPSec vs. IPSec/L2TP

From: Rodrigo Blanco (rodrigo.blanco.r_at_gmail.com)
Date: 04/09/05

    Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 03:47:42 -0600
    To: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN@libertis.ga>

    Hello,

    I was looking at that some time ago, and the only explanation I found
    was that L2TP/IPsec had to be used, for compatibility purposes with
    some platforms / OS.... the information was not very clear.

    It was not reccomended in the paper I read, since it did not mean much
    security enhancement, but performance degradation was almost assured.

    Regards,
    R.

    On Apr 8, 2005 6:55 AM, Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN@libertis.ga> wrote:
    > Hi list,
    >
    > I was wondering how much the security is enhanced by using L2TP/IPSec tunnelling instead of a good old IPSec tunnel. I found a lot of information googling around the web, but couldn't find a good paper explainig this enhancement (or not).
    >
    > If anyone cound give me any hint, personnal experience feedback or URL, this will be appreciated !
    >
    > Thx !

    > Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
    > Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
    > professionals. Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
    > Information Security offered online. Recognized by the NSA as an
    > academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
    > degree without disrupting your home or work life.
    >
    > http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en

    Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
    Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
    professionals. Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
    Information Security offered online. Recognized by the NSA as an
    academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
    degree without disrupting your home or work life.

    http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en

    • RE: Microsoft Software Auditing ?
      ... > Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE ... Recognized by the NSA as an ... > your degree without disrupting your home or work life. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Microsoft Software Auditing ?
      ... >> Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE ... Recognized by the NSA as an ... >> degree without disrupting your home or work life. ...
      (Security-Basics)