Re: Microsoft Software Auditing ?

From: Rob Creely (
Date: 04/05/05

    Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:54:30 -0400
    To: Michael Gale <>

    On Apr 1, 2005 11:36 PM, Michael Gale <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Does any body know of any free / cheap Microsoft auditing software ?
    > Ideally I would like something that could be run from a login script,
    > that would find all the software currently installed and either:
    > store it in a network drive (excel, html,txt)
    > e-mail the data

    Sounds like OCS Inventory would fit the bill:

    --Rob Creely

    Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
    Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
    professionals. Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
    Information Security offered online. Recognized by the NSA as an
    academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
    degree without disrupting your home or work life.