Re: Microsoft Software Auditing ?

From: Rob Creely (programmingart_at_gmail.com)
Date: 04/05/05

    Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:54:30 -0400
    To: Michael Gale <michael.gale@bluesuperman.com>

    On Apr 1, 2005 11:36 PM, Michael Gale <michael.gale@bluesuperman.com> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does any body know of any free / cheap Microsoft auditing software ?
    > Ideally I would like something that could be run from a login script,
    > that would find all the software currently installed and either:
    >
    > store it in a network drive (excel, html,txt)
    > e-mail the data

    Sounds like OCS Inventory would fit the bill:
    http://ocsinventory.sourceforge.net/en/index.php

    Cheers.

    --Rob Creely

    Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
    Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
    professionals. Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
    Information Security offered online. Recognized by the NSA as an
    academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
    degree without disrupting your home or work life.

    http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en

    • Re: Microsoft Software Auditing ?
      ... |>Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE ... Recognized by the NSA as an ... |>your degree without disrupting your home or work life. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Email retention
      ... you overall HSM framework ... Information Security and Audit ... Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE ... Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Hacked (...still cleaning)
      ... folder no included on the system path with a different name. ... files, he used that for installing it as a service probably, open it ... Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE Organizations worldwide ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Hacked (...still cleaning)
      ... If you want good protection you really need to wipe ... If you want to recover from this it can be expensive and iffy at ... > Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE Organizations worldwide are ... > in need of highly qualified information security professionals. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Hacked (...still cleaning)
      ... Windows may even have a file recovery ... > files, he used that for installing it as a service probably, open it ... > Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE Organizations worldwide are ... > in need of highly qualified information security professionals. ...
      (Security-Basics)