RE: basic VPN question

From: Tod Hegstrom (THegstrom_at_POSTINT.COM)
Date: 03/22/05

    Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:47:45 -0700
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    If you do what you are suggesting, aren't you establishing a dual tunnel?

    Doesn't this then create a hacker route around the corporate firewalls that are in place to protect you?

    >>> "Stephane Auger" <sauger@pre2post.com> 03/22/05 04:31AM >>>
     You go in the Properties of the VPN connection client, and then go on
    the Networking tab. Choose TCP/IP Properties, click on the Advanced...
    button. UNcheck the use default gateway on remote network.

    That'll create routes so that the only traffic going through the VPN is
    the remote LAN traffic.

    Cheers!

    Stephane