Re: Unknown Startup Program Requires Approval BPS Video Converter& Decompiler

From: H Carvey (keydet89_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 03/23/05

    Date: 23 Mar 2005 02:23:19 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAGt8LPetpPEyKfA/Y3A9m7MKAAAAQAAAAAkEuGALbJEGmIUMEkftwIAEAAAAA@cytanet.com.cy>

    Wow, deja vu...

    >I have installed the program BPS Video Converter& Decompiler for converting
    >avi to wmv files and at the end of the installation Microsoft Antispyware
    >notifies me that an Unknown Startup Program Requires Approval is-ijpua.exe,
    >does anyone know what kind of program is this one? I google for it but I
    >couldn't work. Is it a spyware?

    Can you provide any information other than the name of the file? For example, which startup location is it being installed in? Where is the file itself located in the file system (ie, path)? Have you attempted to retrieve headers or version information from the file?

    H. Carvey
    "Windows Forensics and Incident Recovery"
    http://www.windows-ir.com
    http://windowsir.blogspot.com