Any remote client - without fixed IP

From: hartmann (hartmann_at_thestar.com.my)
Date: 03/15/05

    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:46:17 +0800

    Hi,

    Is there any software or any way that we could have a remote control over
    client(s)
    Which does not have fixed IP?
    I'm one of my company system administrators, and currently we need to
    support remote site clients.
    But, the difficult part is that the client have a dynamic IP.
    Thus, is there any tools to help?
    Even it needs to be launched from the client side.

    Thanks.

    Adam

    /******************************************************************\
    This message and any attachment(s) are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or e-mail the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the content to any other person.

    Any opinion, view and/or other information in this message and/or any attachment(s) hereto which do not relate to the official business of Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd shall not be deemed given nor endorsed by Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd. Our company is not responsible for any activity that might be considered to be an illegal and/or improper use of email.

    E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed, incomplete or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message or for any virus damage which may arise as a result of this e-mail transmission.
    /******************************************************************\

    • Re: SMS 2.0 remote.exe and XP SP 2
      ... check the SMS ... >database and see if you have rights to remote control ... >>>Client loads automatically on our NT and Win 2000 Pro ... >>>Have to load the client manually on our new Win XP Pro ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
    • Re: SMS 2003 Remote control denied with /SMS:NOSQL parameter
      ... When using the nosql flag the remote control tool does make a direct ... conection to the client machine without hitting the SMS db, ... You may want to experiment with networking permissions for the client. ... > "to allow direct connection to the client without using data in the SMS ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
    • RE: Any remote client - without fixed IP
      ... > Is there any software or any way that we could have a remote control ... the difficult part is that the client have a dynamic IP. ... > deemed given nor endorsed by Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: object reference not set to instance of an object
      ... With respect to the first issue, it seems the advertisements ... Notifying endpoint 'execmgr' of __InstanceCreationEvent settings change on ... > they are not appearing on any client. ... > Status," I get an error saying "Cannot display current remote control status. ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
    • Re: SMS 2003 Remote control denied with /SMS:NOSQL parameter
      ... remote.exe tries to establish anonymous connection and get information from the machine. ... > move from a subnet to another: the IP adress is not yet recorded in the SMS ... > database so that remote control is rejected. ... > "to allow direct connection to the client without using data in the SMS site ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.admin)