Career and Education Choice (another)

From: Jeroen van der Rijst (jeroen.van.der.rijst_at_gmail.com)
Date: 03/11/05

    Date: 11 Mar 2005 20:19:15 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    I know there's another thread but i prefer my own one :)

    I want to get some skills in network/computer security/encryption and I want your advice which education I need.

    I'm 16 years old, I know a bit of C and I'm learning to program in assemble (linux i486) I will finish ( the dutch version of )highschool in one or two years..

    Which ( Northern-American) university would be the best choice for me? Which education on that university?

    And last but not least, what basic skills do I need to start a career in computerscience?

    I do not want a highly paid job for security companies, I want a scientific job when I finished my education.

    Yours sincely,

    Jeroen van der Rijst

    (hope my English is not that bad, I'm working hard on it)

    • Re: Career and Education Choice (another)
      ... Your English is good. ... make sure your math skills ... > I do not want a highly paid job for security companies, I want a scientific job when I finished my education. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Preaching or Teaching?
      ... You asserted that if our schools could only accomplish this well, ... If you want to say that U.S. education, given our parameters, which I have just explained to you does not meet with your satisfaction, why that's another issue. ... Are you advocating a cessation of education beyond grade 8? ... People with adequate reading skills(most of the population) should be able to read and understand a document. ...
      (soc.retirement)
    • "In India, Educated but Unemployable Youths"
      ... Graduates Find Schools Don't Foster Skills Needed for Changing Economy ... Confederation of Indian Industry says that 25 percent of technical ... "The stark reality is that our education system churns out people, ...
      (soc.culture.indian)
    • Re: OT - Economic facts and fallacies
      ... Anybody correlating salary to education. ... Not true at all - virtually every college graduate MUST be taught his ... education - trade school, computer skills, even an apprenticeship program. ... old employer is not allowed to provide that information to the new ...
      (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
    • SV: Name the VM forger
      ... one of the three forgers once admitted in the group that he had been sending ... Seppo Renfors skrev i ... >> professions to have such skills. ... >> level of education AND very wide skills. ...
      (sci.archaeology)