Programming

dayz_at_planet.nl
Date: 02/09/05

    Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:17:00 +0100
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    I want to begin with learning programming to increase my knowledge about
    security, but I don't know where to begin. Can someone tell me which
    programming language is good to start with, and pherhaps what book
    and/or online guides I should take a look at?
    It would be nice that if I learn a programming language that it
    shouldn't be much work to understand another one.

    I am on Linux and Windows.

    Thanks for the help.

    Regards,

    Ben

    • Re: private data hiding via closures?
      ... This type of security concern has nothing to do with information hiding ... programming language issue if the programming language is the platform. ... E.g. in a purely Lisp-based operating system with no hardware memory ...
      (comp.lang.lisp)
    • RE: Career Choice
      ... I've been in security for appx 2 years now, and I can't begin to tell you ... how much programming experience helps. ... My current studies have only one programming language course ... The security of electronic mail sent through the Internet ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Is mod_rexx no longer maintained?
      ... As a matter of fact, some software I use had a security issue fixed before it ever became a problem thanks to it being open source, the commercialsoftware has issues that haven't been fixed in over 2 years. ... Most of us would rather see ooRexx than mod_rexx, one is a programming language, the other is a module for that language for Apache. ... Nothing is any different from your situation except you pay to wait on your software to be fixed or improved, and we have other options if we so desire. ...
      (comp.lang.rexx)
    • Re: [Lit.] Buffer overruns
      ... What gives safety and security on the one side is PROTOCOL and on the ... However it seems that you accept that the programming language used does ... influence the security and/or safety of the resulting design. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • [UNIX] PHP Source Injection in phpWebSite
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Programming Language, making it ideal for developers to write customized ... PHP is a server side programming language that is simple, ... A new version is released so this vulnerability so new users will ...
      (Securiteam)