Re: RPC over HTTP security

From: Presley, Steven (evetsleep_at_gmail.com)
Date: 01/27/05

    Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:51:38 -0500
    To: "sf_mail_sbm@yahoo.com" <sf_mail_sbm@yahoo.com>

    This article may get you started:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1807

    And here is MS's deployment scenarios:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ex2k3rpc.mspx

    Google for "Exchange 2003 RPC over HTTP security" and you should get
    lots of valid information from Microsoft and others.

    I personally highly recommend using ISA 2004 in the DMZ for securing
    this solution.

    Best regards,
    Steve

    On 26 Jan 2005 13:02:40 -0000, sf_mail_sbm@yahoo.com
    <sf_mail_sbm@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Hi List,
    > We are thinking about deploying RPC over HTTP to access email from the Internet
    >
    > Wanted to get some information on the technology and the security implications of same
    >
    > Not much info from Microsoft's site
    >
    > any help would be greatly apreciated
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ronish

    • RE: RPC over HTTP security
      ... SSL in and of itself provides very little security... ... Subject: RPC over HTTP security ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: RPC over HTTP security
      ... "SSL in and of itself provides very little security" ... Subject: RPC over HTTP security ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: RPC over HTTP security
      ... probably trillions of dollars are transacted via SSL. ... Subject: RPC over HTTP security ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: xp security vulnerabilities?
      ... >> running in addition to NIS and I came up undetected at every security ... Be careful with running multiple apps that do the same things, ... with the RPC hole at the top of the list. ... swamped with "why does my system keep restarting blah blah rpc blah ...
    • Re: RPC Error
      ... did you try to set the security with cluster.exe command-line? ... Access types are grant, deny, set, or revoke. ... Situation: Cluster configured and built. ... The RPC server is unavailable ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)