Re: advice for syslog server

From: Michele Jordan (security_lists_at_michelejordan.net)
Date: 01/21/05

    Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:52:00 -0500
    To: FM <dist-list@LEXUM.UMontreal.CA>

    FM wrote:

    > Hello,
    > We are using PIX firewall and I gonna configure an external syslog
    > server.
    >
    > What do you use to do some automatic log checking ? For example, today
    > a external user downloaded several GB. We saw it on our stats. I
    > cannot look my stats website erveryday for every we server.
    >
    > So do you know good syslog parser/manager ?
    >
    > Thanks !

    I use fwlogwatch to monitor our iptables logs, I have it mail me reports
    every morning. A good deal of configurability, it works reasonably
    well. I believe it supports PIX log formats as well.

    -Michele

    • Re: advice for syslog server
      ... Subject: advice for syslog server ... >> We are using PIX firewall and I gonna configure an external syslog ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: advice for syslog server
      ... > We are using PIX firewall and I gonna configure an external syslog ... > cannot look my stats website erveryday for every we server. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: AOL - Transaction Failed
      ... Note that a 512-octet UDP payload requires a 576-octet IP ... to enable/disable the DNS fixup. ... This feature is added to the fixup protocol command in the PIX Firewall ... > their server with explination. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • SUMMARY: Network issue in Solaris 10 update 4
      ... I get timeouts even when the two machines are in the same subnet. ... I've re-verified that when both the switch and the server are set to ... placing the server behind our pix firewall, running in transparent mode, ... whatever is downing u4/5 on our network. ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: DNS, SMTP, AOL, Yahoo
      ... since your 2003 server advertises that is supports ... > and updated the dns server with the most recent from qwest.net. ... > emails to aol.com accounts seem stuck in SMTP queues and I keep getting: ... > 1 NIC, a pix firewall, and DSL with static IPs. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)