Re: Hack PGP

From: Daniel Persson (mailto.woden_at_gmail.com)
Date: 01/17/05

    Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:30:17 +0100
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Well I pretty much knew it was impossible but I had to ask. Well my
    key lenght was 4196 bits so it's quite strong and well when I say wipe
    I mean using a tool that writes zeroes and random data over the disk
    atleast 3-4 passes. So the key and all chanses of opening the files
    are pretty much history. I was just curious if there was anyone that
    had made a try to break it and how far they had come.

    Thanks alot for the discussion.

    --
    Daniel Persson
    mailto.woden@gmail.com

    • RE: Hack PGP
      ... Subject: Hack PGP ... I mean using a tool that writes zeroes and random data over the disk ... >> couldn't be copied by the backup system. ... > your HD for deleted files. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Hack PGP
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: ATA / IDE Controller for Blade 1000 / 2000
      ... hard disk failure at the office. ... the company has a backup system. ... for the cheaper SATA drives). ... but there also are bad series of SCSI drives. ...
      (comp.sys.sun.hardware)
    • Re: utility that can delete files
      ... wipe the disk of deleted files. ... opinions whether wiping ... hard drive forensics. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: utility that can delete files
      ... wipe the disk of deleted files. ... opinions whether wiping ... and while you're ati it grab the neodymium magnets, they're the strongest fixed magnets made and they're awesome. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)