Nessus Sessions and Plugin Updates

From: Jack Mogren (mogren_at_mayo.edu)
Date: 01/11/05

    Date: 11 Jan 2005 22:41:22 -0000
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

      Can someone fill me in on how Nessus plugin updates affect sessions created in the NessusWX client? I have created several sessions in NessusWX. I have configured each session's plugins differently, disabling whole familys of plugins, etc. I perform a plugin update on my Nessus server nightly. When I first connect to my server it downloads all the plugins, including the new ones. What affect does this have on my sessions? Are the plugin familys updated too? Are the new individual plugins enabled within each family? Or is it up to me to recconfigure my sessions every time?