Re: Data security

From: Benoit Lefebvre (blefebvre_at_acces.com)
Date: 01/10/05

    Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:03:29 -0500
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    1) Put everything in .txt file and share that with samba over your network

    2) Or on a web server with .htaccess / .htpasswd

    3) Or a web database application

    4) Put that on a paper and photocopy it and then give them the copies

    I don't really see what you want to do but from what I see here you're
    asking to do something very easy

    Maybe you should give more informations.

    --Benoit Lefebvre
       Groupe-Acces Communications
       (514) 362-1177 x231

    Thiago Lima wrote:

    > I have some information (ips/logins/passwords) that I want to be
    >stored securely.
    >
    > However I have 5 other users in my local network that should be able
    >to read those infos.
    >
    > There's any tool that can help me to store this info securely and
    >only let users extract those infos using a password or maybe an certificate?
    >I want to be able to grant/revoke permissions to some fields or info.
    >
    > Looking for opensource or commercial solutions.
    >
    >Regards
    >Thiago.

    • Re: New guy from Chattanooga
      ... Network name: BELLSNET-BLK17 ... Infos: BellSouth.net Inc. ... Country: United States ... Abuse E-mail: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (rec.food.cooking)
    • RE: IP to MAC mapping
      ... The infos collected are: IP and MAC of the hosts, ... network adapter vendor and running services. ... not belonging to the LAN and "RT" if the host act as a router. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: new comer
      ... itsjoannotjoann wrote: ... Network name: UITM-MY ... Infos: Universiti Teknologi MARA ...
      (rec.food.cooking)
    • Re: Confused on Entire Network
      ... And here are still a lot of different infos about it, ... Entire Network in Windows Explorer. ... If I run netdom verify jcdc02 from either DC ...