Re: Country to IP range list

From: P. Schmiel (secfoc_at_cybernox.net)
Date: 01/08/05

    Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:10:41 +0100
    To: security-basics@lists.securityfocus.com

    Hi all,

    as far as i am concerned, the best way is to make an (automatic) whois lookup on the
    IP and check the whois reply with a simple script to get the country.
    I hope this helps.

    ---
    Pascal Schmiel
    schmiel@cybernox.net

    --
    Best regards,
     P.                            mailto:secfoc@cybernox.net

    • Re: Parent / Child Domains / namespace
      ... Differing security settings such as password policies, kerberos policies, ... that it's data must be held in a domain in this country, ... there are often needs for an empty root and a small number of child domains, ... > houses the servers. ...
    • New Version of the Windows Installer for NTP available
      ... For every country a set of five servers has been defined by me. ... If a country does only have one or two pool servers available, I used those and three neighbor country servers. ... Included in this Installer is a brand new version of NTP, taken from the October 16 tarball. ...
      (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
    • Re: Query: Linux training for support-desk and admins
      ... on 200 or 300 servers in various places around the country. ... Our support ... though quick at picking things up as and when we find something ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • Re: Website
      ... And FWIW, unfortunately, the number one country in the world for origin of ... > FWIW, we block virtually all the IP ranges serving China in our ... Stopped about 20% of the hacking attacks with one firewall ... > rule eliminating all access from China, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: How To Deal With The Microsoft Scam
      ... >> I thought I was the only one getting those damn MS Update and Patch ... are also open source perl based products which act as proxy servers -- DSPAM ... As to point about a free internet -- this type of activity is specifically ... outlawed in virtually every country. ...
      (alt.computer.security)