Reset/recover patton 3201 console password ?

From: Hamid . K (elite_netbios_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/04/05

    Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 05:13:44 -0800 (PST)
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com

    Hi list

    Here I`ve a patton 3201 router
    exactly this :
    http://commerce.patton.com/pe_products.asp?category=64

    one of admins which is not working for company anymore
    ,
    configured it and we have no access to him.
    Now I want to use the device again but don`t know
    password or even username .

    is there any way to reset the device back to factory
    defaults ? or like cisco products a way to reset
    password from console , or even more dreamy a MASTER
    password .. ?

    I even though of a brute-force attack , but there is
    no guaranty I succeed . and it`s time consuming .

    anybody can help ?

    regards
    hamid

    http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com

    • Re: router problem?
      ... I'll start reading the router manual tomorrow and see if I ... with a reset button hidden there. ... your programmer friend. ... chip in the design. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
    • Re: Request to MCX mfgs
      ... router resets are not a fact of life in my own environment. ... have a 784 that I've only reset once since last March and that was ... > makes MCX to mission critical apps like live TV over a wireless net ... > I have spoken about the channel miscues in the past. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
    • Re: re-setting router
      ... what type of internet connection do you have? ... linksys router to return the router to its factory default settings, ... or you will be out of business after you reset the router and blow away ... I have a desktop in the basement with a Linksys Router and my regular ...
      (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
    • Re: Zyxel wireless router
      ... Does someone have experience with setting up a client bridge using a wireless router? ... different subnet" or something. ... you're already using an opendns address for that. ... The reset button on a router, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: circuit that watches for phone ring and resets external device
      ... up to a phone line and when I dial that extension it will reset my DSL ... using a Westell DSL router, you may be running traffic that crashes ... Westell routers work fine for plain vanilla traffic. ... I am using a Westell modem. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)