Employee new to industry

From: Kris Wingard (kwingard_at_synergisticusa.com)
Date: 01/03/05

    Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:24:48 -0500
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    Hey all, I have a question about educating a new employee who is not a
    computer person at all. We're a small consulting company that does
    LAN/WAN design and implementation (a Microsoft/Cisco/Dell shop). We
    recently hired someone new to be an office manager/service coordinator.
    She is very smart and has good customer service skills, but is new to
    the computer game. I'm having a hard time finding good beginner's
    resources to even the terminology used in our line of business, let
    alone resources that explain a little more about computer networking and
    security. This person does not need to become a technical guru at all,
    but needs to be able to understand what the engineers are doing when
    they go out into the field. I've done a few google searches but can't
    find what I'm looking for. Anyone out there know of any links or
    perhaps have some advice to offer based on experience with breaking
    someone into this field? Thanks!

     Kris Wingard
      Network Engineer
      Synergistic Networks, Inc.