Re: Open source access-controller?

From: Scott Brunner (sbrunner_at_mybrunners.com)
Date: 12/14/04

    Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:24:35 -0800
    To: Jason Humes <jhumes@acs.on.ca>

    Jason -

    Take a look at m0n0wall ( http://m0n0.ch/wall/ ). This is a nice and
    very active is open source project.

    --Scott

    On Dec 14, 2004, at 9:35 AM, Jason Humes wrote:

    > Hi
    > Does anyone know of any open source (free) access-controller software?
    > I'm
    > looking for something which sits inline, and intercepts user DNS
    > requests
    > and redirects said user into a "captive portal" (web page for login)
    > for
    > authentication to a backend radius server. We were using the CN3500
    > from
    > colubris, but this box is less than enterprise level...very unstable
    > and
    > very low performing. Any ideas? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Jason D. Humes
    >
    > Applied Computer Solutions Inc.
    > 3020 St. Etienne Blvd.
    > Windsor, Ontario
    > Phone: (519) 944-4300 x211
    > Fax : (519) 944-4247
    > Email : jhumes@acs.on.ca

    > Confidentiality Notice:
    >
    > The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be
    > legally
    > privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you
    > are
    > e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this
    > e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the
    > e-mail
    > and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use
    > this
    > e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part
    > of
    > the contents to any other person.
    >
    > Thank you.

    • RE: Aqua Data Studio?
      ... Other than it's not open source, ... Copyright in this message and any attachments remains with us. ... which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the ... recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility ...
      (perl.dbi.users)
    • Re: Sending mail with attachments
      ... librarys that do this but is there any open source ones? ... you can use rmail to build mails with attachments, ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)
    • RE: IDS Recommendation
      ... CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the ... exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. ... Our security group currently is not doing this...but our CIO ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: .jpgs in Thunderbird
      ... and make sure you have the 'View Inline' option selected. ... just get the window at the bottom telling you what attachments there are. ... see two out of five inline and icons for the others. ... with multiple images I think ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • RE: Outbound Port scans, ports 3800+
      ... >ports 3800 and higher. ... >CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: ... If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, ... send/receive up to 3MB attachments. ...
      (Security-Basics)