RE: Windows XP local Privileges

From: Kirk Brady (Kirk.Brady_at_TeachersHealth.com.au)
Date: 12/13/04

    Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:06:43 +1100
    To: <security-basics@securityfocus.com>

    could you not logon as local admin?

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Rashied Sambo [mailto:Rashied@Honey-CT.co.za]
    Sent: Monday, 13 December 2004 6:26 PM
    To: security-basics@securityfocus.com
    Subject: Windows XP local Privileges

    Hi

    Not sure if this was mentioned already,so hopefully I am not being redundant.
    My problem is this:-

    We have a Small Bus. Server, App server and terminal server. I have added a new workstation to log onto the domain. But now the XP pc's local privileges is being dictated by the SBS domain server. Normaly I would like this but our internet is via proxy on the SBS server and to be able to activate windows xp via the internet I need admin rights on the workstation. Could you guys (and gals) help me by telling what to try to have my workstation dictate its own rights and not authenticate its rights form the server?

    Thanx

    Rashied Sambo
    Rashied@Honey-CT.co.za
    IT / Admin / Marketing