Re: DMZ / Firewall rule diagramming

From: Spigga (spigga_at_gmail.com)
Date: 12/07/04

    Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:00:39 -0600
    To: Michael Gale <michael.gale@bluesuperman.com>

    Man I had a meeting yesterday withg Solsoft and their application not
    only gives you a very clear picture on the traffic but will configure
    all the devices in the path to allow traffic by drawing the line.
    Looks VERY nice, though so does the price.... I wish I could have
    just the drawing part for free.

    On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 22:47:20 -0700, Michael Gale
    <michael.gale@bluesuperman.com> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I understand what you want now ... I don't believe this has every been
    > done as a standard.
    >
    > Michael.
    >
    > Craig Humphrey wrote:
    > > Hi Michael,
    > >
    > > From the responses I'm getting, I don't think I explained the situation
    > > very well.
    > >
    > > I'm not after "how to write rules" or "what rules should I have". I'm
    > > looking for a generic way to diagram the rules I already have.
    > > Preferably something nice a visual (like Visio), but even Visio starts
    > > to get cumbersome with a complex DMZ, even breaking flows/rules into
    > > layers only goes so far.
    > >
    > > I was hoping that the industry had developed some formal standards for
    > > diagramming DMZs and flows/rules.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Craig

    • Re: One thing I noticed
      ... > drawing operations in the backbuffer without the user being able to see ... > picture box or an offscreen memory bitmap. ... > methods out of the three you have mentioned Michael. ...
    • Re: Visio 2003 and the way Microsoft produce their drawings
      ... Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm ... "michael" wrote in message ... >> Check out the reference diagram. ... > i can replicate this by drawing lines, ...
      (microsoft.public.visio.general)
    • Re: DMZ / Firewall rule diagramming
      ... As Michael said I do not think there ... is a standard way of doing this. ... > Man I had a meeting yesterday withg Solsoft and their application not ... > all the devices in the path to allow traffic by drawing the line. ...
      (Security-Basics)