RE: pcAnywhere question

From: Eric McCarty (
Date: 12/02/04

    Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:20:42 -0800
    To: "Travis Foley" <>, "Greg Robinson" <>

    If you must put pcAnywhere on a non-firewalled interface I highly
    suggest using the built in PcAnywhere encryption as well as ensuring you
    are using the latest version with any/all patches. However on a side
    note, why would u do this?. I would suggest you firewall the connection,
    setup NAT/a PcAnywhere rule to allow this traffic and let that be that,
    implement a
    VPN for additional protection if need be.

    I honestly can't think of any reason a computer would be connected
    directly to the internet without the protection of a firewall or at
    least a NAT-capable Router.

    P.S. I also highly recommend GoToMyPc, It uses a password to get to the
    site and a password for each PC and the monthly fee is cheap. Plus it
    uses Citrix-like technology so it works well even on low-speed